02 June 2010

Setting up - first day

After putting the poster in the window, Tony put together the "table" for the Journey installation. I'd forgotten how long the legs were -Then he started hanging pictures while I got to work on reconstituting the installation. At City Lit the floor was dark, and that darkness is part of the metaphor, so here I added some cloth. The puddle of darkness on the floor will hopefully also remind people not to get too close (it's a bit fragile; I have visions of one careless knock, at the private view perhaps, and the whole thing disintegrates...)
During the hasty takedown, all the sticks got bundled together. Sorting them by length took a couple of hours.
My impromptu homage to Richard Long and his stone circles -
We unloaded the car at about 11am, and worked through till 7. It's starting to take shape -

No comments: