Lots of possibilities! My first thought was to develop the "tiles" I made for the "journey" piece on the foundation course; my second thought was to experiment and see where that might lead. Looking back at the ceramics I made during the foundation course, there's some unfinished business ... those corners ....
In class we did some sponge printing with slip on slabs of clay - pure pleasure -
I may have ruined it by pressing in circles - they would have been better as almost-circles rather than perfectly round ones. Never mind, we'll see what happens when it's fired and given a glaze. It's in the mould to give it a bit of shape -
|Laotian pattern (image from here)|