26 October 2021

Drawing Tuesday - little and large and/or Brunei Gallery

One group went to the Brunei Gallery, which is showing oriental certamics untill 11 December. 

Those of us who stayed at home had the theme "little and large".

 


From Janet K - The large puppet I made for my kids a long time ago. The finger puppet was a sample I made for an ad for CLIC Sargent - now known as Young Lives vs Cancer. For the shoot I made a big puppet which was shrunk to appear as a small puppet in the ad.


Earthenware tomb figure of a roaring lion. Tang Dynasty about 700-750.



From Sue K - An interesting exhibition of ceramic wonders. Worth the visit & viewing lovely elaborate/unusual pieces.

Here’s my sketch on theme of ‘little & large’ porcelain vase & stein cup sitting together. A complicated pattern on the cup was hard to get accurate in the shade!


From Joyce - This is an incense burner, Ming dynasty,1628-44. It was interesting to look in detail at how the rocks are painted contrasting with the spikey pine tree.



From Jo - This is one of a pair of huge Ming 'dogs' in a gorgeous turquoise glaze; I went for this one because of the Gruffalo shadow! 



From Ann - For little and large...a watercolour of shells..big and little. 



From Judith - I came across this picture of a blue-eyed damselfly, large eyes on a little insect 



From Gill A quick drawing with a biro in my left hand of a spider plant.



From Najlaa - Ewer and Basin /Koryo Dynasty 12 th century. From the web site of Brunei Gallery.



From me - These seasonal fruits came from a farm visit by the family - the large one was later peeled, chopped, cooked, pureed, and made into pumpkin pie





No comments: