05 September 2015

Passing the time - for 10 minutes

It's not done to stare at people, so I found myself using a new method of blind-drawing during a short underground journey this morning ... taking a "visual bite" and looking away - but not at the paper!

The only paper available was a tiny notebook (50p at Tiger) that was in my tiny handbag.





The final drawing was a matter of looking at the person next to me out of the corner of my eye - tricky when the glasses frames are quite small!

What helps with the looking is that most people are absorbed in looking at their phone. 

3 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I love those drawings!

irene macwilliam said...

I love the drawings that such exercises produce. I prefer them to the perfect drawing, I can admire the skill of the "perfect drawing" but to me the other offers so much more to look at and wonder about. I know this sounds perverse. I wonder is there anyone else out there or thinks along similar lines?

Charlton Stitcher said...

This is a great variation on the theme of 'blind' drawing and one I must try. And Irene, yes, I do! I love them. The technique is a favourite of mine. I was going to add 'with varying success' but one of the great things about it is that success in the usually accepted sense seems irrelevant.