02 January 2014

A midwinter tonic

The perfect midwinter tonic, for me, is to start an exciting course - maybe something arty, maybe something else...

Currently I also need "something" that will structure my week ... and get me out of the house regularly.

So I've been looking through the City Lit's 292-page catalogue of courses for one (or two?) starting soon. Maybe in the Visual Art department ... maybe in Creative Writing ... or even (gasp) Drama, Dance, and Speech ...

Some of the courses I was vaguely interested in were already full (you can check on the website), but there's still plenty to choose from.

My shortlist includes Drawing with colour, Painting and the imagination, Starting portraits [challenging!], Textiles into ceramics, Woodblock printmaking, Creative non-fiction, Persuasive speaking [scary!], and Three classic novels (Gulliver's Travels, Wuthering Heights, The Waves). What to choose, what to choose... 

And there's more - short courses at University of the Arts London (UAL) - these are a bit more pricey than at City Lit. Interestingly, among them are online courses that are live sessions, accessed on the internet at a particular time.
The courses are listed by starting date, which is really useful. (But I do like having a "real" catalogue - for turning down corners to mark the page, and making notes in.)

Yet more choices ... where to go, what to choose?

No comments: