29 March 2013

Art I like - Caroline Hall

Caroline Hall's work explores the different spaces occupied by video and painting; her studio is in Winchester. Her landscapes are oil paint on aluminium, derived from a moving image projected onto the surface in an endless loop. (The one above reminds me of my own photos taken in the moving tube train of the walls of the tunnels, the blur of the wiring that runs along the walls, which I used in a project a couple of years ago.)

"Every painting is an attempt to capture a landscape which is on the move, a time-based, transient space," she says. "It intrigues me that I can only ever really hope to blur the boundaries between video and painting because of course the permanence of paint means it can only ever represent time standing still."

Other work by Caroline Hall is her "Pixels Paused" series (pix from here) -

No comments: